Sunday, February 9, 2014

Laughter post 14

I know exactly what I want to talk about for my speech.  And I am extremely excited about this. What general message I want to convey to the audience is that even though everyone today says society is awful and is a completely horrible influence on children and pretty much anyone that watches tv. However, what I want to say is that society is good to a certain point. Society does a number of things right, pressure to get a job, get married, go to college.  But, there are things that society does do wrong too, like media pressure to make people essentially feel awful about themselves, which is what seems to be the biggest one these days.

Now I'm not going to say my entire speech, for fear of some thief who would copy this down and try to pass it off as their own (you know who you are). So, to summarize I'm essentially going to say society is bad for you, but only if you have too much, you actually need some society to succeed in life, because it drives us to be better.  It makes us all the same, but all different at the same time. I want people to embrace society, but I also want them to know when they need to take time to themselves and go against society.

1 comment:

  1. I like your speech topic. I feel similarly about society to how you've summarized it. There is so much value in it, and yet there is so much to be wary of. I'm glad you have a topic you're excited about. Do you like public speaking? I used to hate it, but now I teach and I can't believe it ever bothered me!

    ReplyDelete