Sunday, March 23, 2014

Laughter post 18

Ok, this week my project legitamately induced great amounts of teenage angst in me. For the first half, I struggled placing props into my map. Every time I tried to place one, I just could not find it, each time you save a prop it saves in a different location in an in-game folder. And for the life of me I could not find a couple of them. I don't know if they didn't install properly or I just could not find them. But at this point I was extremely stressed out, I probably said "oh my god" out of frustration 50 times throughout my work. My "raging teenage horomones" as some people like to say, were quite stressed out.

After I gave up on props from sheer frustration I figured that I would build some building hollows for things like the mirror maze and haunted house. I wanted this to look nice and neat, but just the regular game make that pretty difficult to do, almost impossible really.  So to solve this I downloaded a tool called auto snap which was supposed to be extremely helpful in connecting the building blocks together. Once again I could not figure this out, I tried almost everything and I just could not get it to work, I could tell that the tool was working, but I just couldn't get it to do what I wanted. At this moment when I was about to give up, all of the game's physics decided to hate me and many of the blocks I was working with went launching across the map. I proceeded to get up walk away and count to ten, and when that didn't work I screamed into a pillow until I felt better, and no I don't have anger management issues. So I do not plan to work on it anymore for now, but I'm going to talk to my mentor and see if I can get some help, because I definitely need it. 

Also, to top all of that off I just recently accidentally deleted this entire blog post, and rewrote the whole thing, and I'm sure it's not as good as it was the first time around. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I was stressed out just reading this post! At the same time though, it seems your sense of humor is still intact. Hopefully with a little space from this day you can look back on this post and laugh. I have had many a similar experience with technology (although not with anything quite so advanced). Sometimes it really is best to walk away for a while so you can come back with fresh eyes.

    ReplyDelete